Jul 1, 2007

Custom black and white film printer - David Johndrow

David Johndrow is the best black and white film printer I have ever met. He is the reason why I keep shooting black and white film. I do get my film processed and proofed at a professional lab, but I always take it to David for the final prints. I would like to think that my images are always well exposed, and they probably are. But take an image to David to see what it can really be.

Even after spending hundreds of hours in the darkroom, I never fully understood the artistry behind black and white printing until I was lucky enough to see a straight Ansel Adams black and white print. No dodging, no burning, just a straight print. I was stunned. The final print was hanging on the wall, an image I had admired for years. I couldn't believe the difference.

Seek out good light. Shoot film. Take your time composing your images. Then take these raw images to an artist and fall in love with your prints.

Custom Black and White of Austin
10001 Murmuring Creek Drive
Austin, TX 78736
phone: 512.673.2088



Katy Roth

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home